Magens Bay --San Thomas

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Reaching out ...





 The ability to reach out to seek for help is admirable, pushing aside pride for the betterment of self, and the ability to lend our hands to those in need is truly a pleasure

In our lives, we have met many people. Some that would ask for help in a split second and some that would even take advantage of us. Others would hesitate, and we need to extend our hands for those who do so to accept our support.

And then there are those who refuse to ask for help no matter what. Somehow those people manage to get themselves out of the trouble and self sufficient. Also, there are some who won't reach out their hands even if they are on the verge of collapsing. And this post is dedicated for them.

Imagine this, someone has fallen into a hole and we happened to notice that. We have tried our best to reach out to them but that person refused to extend their hand to us. We kept on trying and the more we tried, the more they refused and in the process, we have hurt them instead.

Have you ever been in that situation? If so, what would you do ... leave them alone knowing that they will perish or insisting on helping them.It is tough decision. Personally, I would never give up and I would keep on trying until I find a way ... I just can't walk away. I simply can't.



Until next stop,
Journey of Life  

8 comments:

  1. I am with you. I would find a way to help without hurting their pride or feeling bad about accepting it. Insightful post!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerwife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ask for help when you need it.. only after trying your best. Being stubborn in any approach cannot help.

    www.anucreations.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think reaching out to give and to receive gracefully are virtues we should all cultivate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an issue I struggle with constantly with my mother. It's a fine line. I want her to be safe and taken care of. But I also have to respect her wishes when she asks me to (demands really) that I step back. It is after all, her own life. That's where the respect issue comes in.

    ReplyDelete